homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Friday 26 April 2013

***Review*** Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes



Released: February 2011
Publisher: Myriad
Series: No
Format: Kindle e-book
Source: Bought
Author Site: Elizabeth Haynes

Goodreads Synopsis:

 Catherine has been enjoying the single life for long enough to know a good catch when she sees one. Gorgeous, charismatic, spontaneous - Lee seems almost too perfect to be true. And her friends clearly agree, as each in turn falls under his spell. But there is a darker side to Lee. His erratic, controlling and sometimes frightening behaviour means that Catherine is increasingly isolated. Driven into the darkest corner of her world, and trusting no one, she plans a meticulous escape. Four years later, struggling to overcome her demons, Catherine dares to believe she might be safe from harm. Until one phone call changes everything. This is an edgy and powerful first novel, utterly convincing in its portrayal of obsession, and a tour de force of suspense.



My Review:

I picked up a copy of this book as it was so highly recommended by a friend.  I know when this particular friend raves about a book I have to sit up and listen, she has excellent judgement.

Well I can say I was not disappointed, oh my goodness, what a ride this book gave me.  I could not put it down and I felt quite exhauster after a rollercoaster ride of suspense.  It was a pleasant break from all the YA and dysopian books I have been devouring recently.

I wasn't sure where this book was going to take me, the journey had me doubting what was going on with the main character.  You could see how things were spiralling but I obviusly as the reader was powerless to stop things.  The story has flashback, so you really do have to sit up and take notice of what era you are in.  But this didn't put me off the book as it gave me more of an understanding about the past of Catherine and her time with Lee.

Gripping stuff.  I have bought another book by this author and I will  let you know how I get on with it.  This was her debut so I hope she keeps the standard up!  It sure has set the bar high.
  
If you want a thrilling psychological ride that plays with your mind, read this book as I highly recommend it. 
 photo 5star.png


2 comments:

Julie73 said...

Excellent judgement, moi? Well thank you :)

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Yes you have excellent judgement:) I know to get excited if you give a five star rating.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.