homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Wishlist Wedneday #51

Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com/) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:


Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas


Goodreads Synopsis:

My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.


This one popped up as a Goodreads recommendation, so I thought I'd take a look at it.  It was published yesterday, so hopefully sometime soon I will get my hands on a copy.  I'm a bit so so about the cover, I don't love it and don't hate it.  The synopsis sounds really good and something that would hit the right note with me. Eeeeee so on the wishlist it goes :)

8 comments:

Synchronized Reading said...

I really want Luminosity! :) I've been hearing so much about it lately! And I am loving your blog design :D

Janina
My WW!

Dani Cotton said...

I think this one is on NetGalley ... could be wrong though.
Great pick hun, it looks really good! xx

Angie said...

I just got this one from NetGalley! It does sound really good, but I probably won't get to it until next year.

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Unknown said...

This sounds really good! TBR Pile for me :) New follower!

My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-4.html

The Avid Reader said...

This is on my TBR list too. It sounds very good. Hope you get to read it soon.

Nancy @ The Avid Reader

My Wishlist Wednesday.

Shelver506 said...

Freeeeeeaky. All the capitalized proper nouns will probably get on my nerves, but this sounds pretty good.

My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-16.html

Unknown said...

Awesome chocolate blog.... I really loved it

Lauren @ Northern Plunder said...

Oh this sounds fantastic!

Here is my Wishlist Wednesday post.
Lauren from Northern Plunder

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.