To see all the other blogs participating in the tour click HERE
Guest Post by Rosalie Lario: Top Ten Books Everyone Should Read
Jenny, thanks so much for having me on your blog! Today I thought I’d tackle a really important topic: The top ten books I think everyone should read! :)
Okay, maybe not so important to the world in general, but for a reading buff like me, this is a big topic. Boiling all of the wonderful books I’ve read throughout my lifetime into a top ten has been more than a little difficult, but I’ve finally come up with a list. So here they are, in no particular order:
1. Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery by Deborah Howe. This is the first book I can remember reading and loving as a child. No surprise, it features a paranormal character: a vampire-bunny that sucks the juice out of vegetables. This book sparked my love for the paranormal, and it goes down as one of my favorites to this very day.
2. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. This is the first book I read which romanticized the vampire.
3. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. Another paranormal book by Anne Rice. A haunting and mesmerizing story. I reread this one every few years.
4. Once and Always by Judith McNaught. This is the first romance I can remember reading, and it changed my life forever!
5. Pet Sematary by Stephen King. Alas not a romance, but one heck of a book. It scared me sleepless!
6. To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Moning. I picked this book up on a whim early in my romance reading days, and it totally rocked my world. To this day I consider Grimm to be the ultimate romantic hero.
7. After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros. Vampires again. Surprised? Lol. This book features another one of my favorite all-time heroes. *Sigh*
8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. Not a romance, but an amazingly good story. My favorite of the entire series.
9. One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. It’s so hard to pick a fave Frost book because I love her entire Night Huntress series, but this book wins out over the others for one simple reason: Chapter 32! Simply one of the most spellbinding, erotic love scenes I’ve ever read.
10. Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione. I’d become obsessed with the thought of a demon as a romantic hero before reading this book, and it only cemented my obsession with heroic demons.
So what do these books have in common? Well, they are mostly romance. And with the exception of Once and Always, they all contain paranormal elements. What can I say? I like what I like.
Remember my aforementioned obsession with the demon as hero? That comes as no surprise to those who are familiar with my Demons of Infernum series. The hero in Blood of the Demon (Book 1) has vowed to stop a demon with plans to bring on the apocalypse. Not because he sees himself as a hero…but because the demon is his father, an evil, vicious man who abused him and his brothers. When we first meet Keegan, he has vowed to do whatever is necessary in order to stop his father.
Then he meets Brynn…the key to the apocalypse, and the very woman he may have to kill in order to stop his father. She’s vulnerable but brave, and she takes him totally by surprise. Suddenly he’s forced with a very tough decision: keep his vow and stop his father…or protect the woman he’s falling in love with.
So how about you? What’s your favorite book ever? Is it even possible to choose just one?
Blood of the Demon, Book 1 of the Demons of Infernum series, releases July 31, 2012!
Blood of the Demon
by Rosalie Lario
Demons of Infernum, book #1
Re-released in print on July 31st
Keegan lives to exact revenge on the evil demon who sired and abused him. When his father devises a plan to bring on the apocalypse, he and his three half-brothers, interdimensional bounty hunters for the Elden Council, are charged with capturing and delivering their father for punishment. Art gallery owner Brynn Meyers has no idea that her ability to read memories embedded in objects and drain people of their life force means she has demon ancestry. Unfortunately for Brynn, she's also the key to raising an ancient zombie army, which puts her on every demon's Most Wanted List.And no one wants her more than Keegan's father.Keegan must protect Brynn from his father by any means necessary, but he'll have to learn to harness the other half of his genetics-the far deadlier, uncontrollable half-when he starts to fall for the one woman standing between him and the vengeance he so desperately seeks. The one woman he'll never be able to resist.
About The Author:
This giveaway is for an e-book of Blood of the Demon and is open to Everyone. Entangled Publishing is kindly supplying the prize.
So here are the details:
- There will be 1 winner - The winner will get an e-book of Blood of the Demon.
- · Open to International Followers·
- You must fill out the rafflecopter form below to enter
- Giveaway will end 23rd July 2012
- Please don't leave your email address in the comments box