homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Thursday 12 April 2012

The Time Will Come #22

Every Thursday, Jodie at Books For Company hosts The Time Will Come, a weekly meme in which we list a book that we really want to read or keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books that have been on the TBR shelf for awhile now but also they can be books that have just come into my home.  I have a massive to-read pile, it seems to be growing by the day.....

If you'd like to join in?
  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read
  • Do a post telling us about the book
  • Link the post uhttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=1938482608550076693p in the linky on Jodie's blog.
  • Visit the other blogs!
  
Here is my choice for this weeks Time Will Come:
 
 

Goodreads Synopsis:
 
 The classic tale of witchcraft. Reissued for the first time in 14 years. Seventeenth century England is a place of superstition and fear. Deep in the Forest of Pendle, people have been dying in mysterious circumstances. The locals whisper of witchcraft, but Squire Roger Nowell, in charge of investigating the deaths, dismisses the claims as ridiculous. Until a series of hideous desecrations forces Roger and his cousin Margery to look further into the rumours. And what they discover brings them face to face with the horrifying possibility that a coven of witches is assembling, preparing to unleash a campaign of evil and destruction.

Robert Neill's novel is a classic tale of witchcraft set in a wild inaccessible corner of Lancashire and in a time when the ancient fear of demons and witches was still a part of life... and death.
 

 


I won this one a few months ago in a giveaway.  I think it sounds such a good book. I haven't read any books about the Pendle Witches, it's something I've always wanted to read about.  So I think this would be a great book to learn more about it.  I really want to get round to this one soon.

6 comments:

Jen said...

This looks like an interesting read. I love books about witches!

Dani Cotton said...

I also have this one to read - it's gathering dust now, so I think it needs to be read sometime this summer!!

Great post hun :)

Dani xx

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Oooh, this sounds interesting! I've added it to my TBR list! Hope you can get to it soon!

My TTWC

Arianna said...

Hi!!! My name is Arianna and I am italian. I have 12 years old and i love read. Your blog it's fantastic!!! I am looking forward one reply!!! ^_^

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Hi Arianna! I'm thrilled you like my blog. What books do you like to read?

Jenny.

Arianna said...

I like read adventure book. And You??? ^_^

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.