homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Monday 9 April 2012

Musing Mondays #5

 
Musing Mondays is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.  Each week MizB asks a book related question and we have to give our answers.

This week’s musing asks…

 What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read?

Mmmm I have to say that I'm not finding this one easy......

The top of my list would have to be Men Are From Mars and Women are from Venus by John Gray.  Even thought I didn't give this book top marks, I still found it an amusing read that I think all women should read.  Just don't take it too seriously.

The second would be The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.  There is a lesson to be learned here that working for a horrendous boss can be destructive.  Yes we all love fashion, well I do, but to what extreme do you put up with bad behaviour for the love of a career in fashion.

Undead & Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson.  Well I had to throw some paranormal in there somewhere.  I love this book, as even though Betsy the main character is a newly turned vampire she doesn't lose her love of shoes.  A light tongue in cheek book that had me in stitches for hours.  I've read most of the series now and have enjoyed it immensely.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.  I have to say Miss Havisham is one of my favourite female characters in this book.  It is a lesson that all ladies sure don't want to end up bitter and like her.   


Star Gazing by Linda Gillard.  This has one of my favourite heroes in, Keir is just my cup of tea.  All ladies need some romance and Keir from Star Gazing certainly fits the bill. Yummy :)
 

7 comments:

Trish said...

ooh i was going to put MFMWFV on my list too! I think that's a great recommendation!
Trish - My MM

Aishah Waheed said...

You've got a nice must-read pick. I'll have t look into the others they look pretty good :) I've not read any of them.

Btw...you have the wrong MM link on the page..it links to your last one :/

Heres my MM you can see what I've got for my must-reads!

http://paranormalfantasyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/musing-mondays-9th-april-2012.html

Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I loved the Unwed & Undead series! It's not normally my kind of thing, but it's a great, silly read :)

I liked the Fred the Mermaid books too.

Dani Cotton said...

Great choices, Jen! Even though the only one I've read is Great Expectations :P

I have Star Gazing and Undead & Unwed to read though - looking forward to both :)

Here's my Musing

:) Love xxx

LindyLouMac said...

I do not think I would be able to whittle the list down to five books, the only one on your list that I not read though is the paranormal one!

Kwizgiver said...

I haven't read Star Gazing--I just added it to my queue. Great picks!

Linda Gillard said...

Thanks for choosing STAR GAZING. Keir & I feel very honoured. ;-)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.