homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Thursday 10 November 2011

The Time Will Come #11

Every Thursday, Jodie at Books For Company hosts The Time Will Come, a weekly meme in which we list a book that we really want to read or keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books that have been on the TBR shelf for awhile now but also they can be books that have just come into my home.  I have a massive to-read pile, it seems to be growing by the day.....

If you'd like to join in?


  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read
  • Do a post telling us about the book
  • Link the post up in the linky on Jodie's blog.
  • Visit the other blogs!
  
Here is my choice for this weeks Time Will Come:

 Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins


Goodreads:

Suzanne Collins continues the amazing story of Katniss Everdeen in the phenomenal Hunger Games trilogy.Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

 I read the first book in this series called The Hunger Games and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've had Catching Fire sat on my bookcase for over a year now.  Goodness knows why I haven't got round to it as I would love to see what happens next.  I promise I will get round to this soon.  Especially as they are making The Hunger Games into a film.  I hope this book is as good as the first.  I thought the character Katniss was a feisty and brilliant character, I want to see what's installed for her next.


What books do you have on your bookcases that you just can't wait to read? 

3 comments:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

You still haven't read this yet?! I love this series. I hope you get a chance to read it soon- just to see how Katniss's story pans out. Read it before the film comes out- hope you enjoy it!

Lindsay said...

Well i'm very behind on hearing about this series, I've been seeing various reviews for the first book, so I bought The Hunger Games a couple of weeks ago and it's sitting patiently waiting to be read, and then I can find out what all the hype is about! :)

SarahS. said...

I love this series, I didn't like the ending though. Here's mine:
http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-will-come-6.html

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.