homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #6


Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)
So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:

 Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs


Goodreads Synopsis:
Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.




This one looks so good.  I spotted it on another blog, I think it was in their IMM post.  It took my eye and I had to see what it was about.  I like the sound of the blurb, so it's been added to my wishlist.  The cover is so eyecatching - I love it!!   Mythical and intruiging, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy :D

5 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

It's all over Blogger so it must be very good! :D I haven't read it yet but I think I'll add it to my TBR list - I hope you'll get it soon :) xxx

Toni D. said...

...and another one added on my to-read list! Oh dear. And me on a book buying ban! Good review!

And on your previous post... OH MY GOD YOU MET JASPER FFORDE!!!!!!!!! *squeal* I'm so jealous! Like, you have no idea how jealous I am!

If you like his writing you should definitely check out his Thursday Next series. They are so cool, quirky and funny! Still love The Eyre Affair and have read it so many times. His nursery crimes books are pretty good too. Oh, you lucky girl! I'm positively green with envy!

Lesa said...

Ooo, mythology---Sounds like a goodie!

I read a couple of Thursday Next books-- it was good and I need to finish the series.

thanks for the visit!

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Oh my...... just the thought of a book buying ban gives me the jitters lol. You are brave!! Mind you I'm running out of room, thank goodness for the kindle and ebooks. I can still feed my book buying addiction without filling every room of the house :D

Toni D. said...

oh... I think I'm abandoning the book buying ban. The moment I put myself on it I ended up with 10 new ones. Pffft. I used my birthday as an excuse. Haha!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.