homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #3

Photobucket


Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)
So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:


 Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver.

 Goodreads Synopsis:

We meet Liesl the night after the day her young father has died. That same day she is visited by a ghost, Po, an eight year old boy who lives on the other side, the territory between life and death that runs parallel to the living world. Po has come to tell her that her father is stuck on the other side, and that she is the only one who can help him cross over. A couple of wooden boxes. Some ashes. Some magic dust. A ghost, its pet, and a boy who forgot to wear a hat in the cold. From these seemingly odd, random characters Oliver weaves the enchanting story of how, with the aid of Liesl, these elements come together over the course of one week to restore love and luster to a world gone grey and heartless
I recently added this book to my  wishlist; maybe in the last few weeks.  I have read Delerium by this author and really really loved it.  I hope this one is just as good.  The blurb sounds interesting, I love fantasy books and this one sounds like it will be just my thing.  So hopefully sometime soon I can add this to my bookshelves :D

3 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I'm not a big fantasy fan but this sounds quite good :o
I hope you manage to get it soon :)

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

Lindsay said...

I don't normally read fantasy type books, but this one sounded so good, I haven't read anything else by this author although I have heard of her other books. I am looking forward to reading this one soon!

Lindsay

Here's mine http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/wishlist-wednesday.html

Lindsay said...

PS Jenny thank you so much for adding my button to your blog, really grateful! :) Off to add yours! x

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.