homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 17 August 2011

A Walk In The Woods

Me and Hades are making the most of the good weather.  Today I decided to take him for a walk in Haugh Woods  .  There are two trails a North Side and a South Side.  Due to Hades still recovering from his cruciate ligament operation I decided to take him on the shorter 1.5 mile walk.  The North trail is really interesting as there are so many butterflies flitting around.  On previous trips I have seen the odd deer in the woods too.  It certainly makes you feel closer to nature.

Hades loves to have a wander and  he must sniff every single leaf and branch along the way.  He'd certainly make a good sniffer dog. 

Along the way today we met a man walking with his two grandchildren and his dog.  We stopped to chat and Hades made the most of it by playing with Molly a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.  I literally had to drag him away he was having too much fun.


I have taken some pictures of our little adventure today.


Hades loves to lead the way!


There are boards along the way giving information as to what butterflies you might see.


I think this one is called a Peacock Butterfly.

Again I'm not sure but I think this is a Red Admiral Butterfly.

I'm not too sure what this one is called - sorry..... I'm not a butterfly enthusiast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.